Turnbull knew what he was doing.
The media has turned on Malcolm Turnbull who is accused of ignorance. Media views seem to change even more often than political promises. However,surely the PM knew why he called the meeting with the states. He knew they would reject it which is what he wanted them to do. He now claims the moral high ground in denying their requests for money. Opinions will differ on whether this was a good decision but only time will tell if it worked -whatever the media seesaw comes up with next.
Politics has always been a rough business because only people with strong egos go into it so we should not be surprised at the jealousy and infighting that goes on. The electoral mob is fickle but so it would seem is the press and it remains to be seen whose judgment is better.
Subscribe to pearls and irritations (we have had some issues, now fixed, so please subscribe again)
Most viewed recently
- ERIC HODGENS. Melbourne’s New Archbishop.
- JOHN CARMODY. Who is Joan Sullivan?
- JERRY ROBERTS. Neoliberalism, Neoclassical Economics, Twinkle-toes Turnbull and a New Year’s Resolution
- ANNE HURLEY. Bad advice: why Mr Turnbull’s NBN is such a failure
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Downer finally puts fishnet stockings behind him.
- GREG WOOD. The China Australia FTA Meets the All Controlling State- A REPOST from September 25 2017 18 January 2018
- IAN McAULEY. Reframing public ideas Part 6: Jobs 18 January 2018
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Memories and Massacres- A REPOST from July 10 2017 18 January 2018
- John Menadue. The Coalition, Barnaby Joyce rural poverty and rural health. (Repost from 16 January 2016) 18 January 2018
- MICHAEL WEST. Treasury hides corporate welfare data. 18 January 2018
- Arts and Reviews (34)
- Defence/Security (672)
- Economy (902)
- Education (167)
- Environment and climate (244)
- Health (421)
- Housing (52)
- Human Rights (369)
- Indigenous affairs (49)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (116)
- International Affairs (1,173)
- Asia (51)
- Links (8)
- Media (449)
- NBN (71)
- Politics (2,130)
- Refugees, Immigration (503)
- Religion and Faith (431)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (58)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (43)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (93)