It is often said that if you owe the bank $1 million you have a problem. But if you owe the bank $1 billion, the bank has a problem! The EU has that sort of problem with Greece. Joseph Stiglitz, in a recent article (see link below) sets out the problems which the EU now faces. This article was originally published in AlterNet. John Menadue
Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- EDMUND CAMPION. On Cardinal Gilroy At The Sydney Institute.
- IAN DUNLOP. The Monash Forum – of Coal & Horses.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. Sledging on and off the field.
- MICHAEL PASCOE. The banking royal commission – it’s even worse than it looks
- JOHN MENADUE. The Coalition and media myth about stopping the boats.
- JOHN MENADUE. The banking royal commission confirms our worst fears about many business executives and crony capitalism 23 April 2018
- RICHARD FLANAGAN. Australians in WWI didn’t die for Australia. They died for Britain. (Part 1 of 2) 23 April 2018
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. Girt by Sea – Australia, the refugees and the politics of fear. 23 April 2018
- MICHAEL PASCOE. The reality of our ‘scary’ China confrontation. 23 April 2018
- IAN McAULEY. Strong employment growth, until you look behind the figures. 23 April 2018
- Arts and Reviews (36)
- Defence/Security (736)
- Economy (964)
- Education (185)
- Environment and climate (291)
- Health (469)
- Housing (59)
- Human Rights (384)
- Indigenous affairs (55)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (135)
- International Affairs (1,304)
- Asia (94)
- Links (10)
- Media (469)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,264)
- Refugees, Immigration (520)
- Religion and Faith (451)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (142)