In a recent address to the Medico-Legal Society of NSW, Quentin Dempster has referred to the parlous state of journalism and the media and particularly the damage being caused by Rupert Murdoch and News Corp. It is a no-holds barred speech about the damage that Rupert Murdoch is doing. See link to the speech below. John Menadue.
Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. A prime minister progressively shriller and less coherent.
- IAN DUNLOP. A Parliament Without Trust or Legitimacy Must Go
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- HENRY REYNOLDS. A HUNDRED YEARS OF MATESHIP.
- SUSAN RYAN. The Irish teaching orders in Australia.
- JOHN MENADUE- The National Party is dudding farmers. 16 August 2018
- JERRY ROBERTS Why kill Bill? 16 August 2018
- GEOFF MILLER. Trump and the World Trade Organisation. 16 August 2018
- JOHN STAPLETON. The Demise of Malcolm Turnbull 16 August 2018
- NASSRINE AZIMI. Rethinking Our National Holidays? 16 August 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (814)
- Drug Reform (19)
- Economy (1,077)
- Education (204)
- Environment and climate (339)
- Health (514)
- Housing (72)
- Human Rights (417)
- Indigenous affairs (65)
- Industrial relations (33)
- Infrastructure (160)
- International Affairs (1,569)
- Asia (205)
- Links (10)
- Media (516)
- NBN (74)
- Politics (2,456)
- Refugees, Immigration (538)
- Religion and Faith (505)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (52)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (194)