Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI. Global Talent Independent Visa: Permanent residence in a week or two
- BOB CARR. Hidden Reality of Australia-China Relations
- COLIN MACKERRAS. The mess of Australia-China relations
- JOHN MENADUE. The Light From the Southern Cross.A Report on Catholic Church Governance
- JENNY HOCKING. High Court says ‘Release the Palace Letters’
- MUNGO MACALLUM. Thanks to Jenny Hocking’s indefatigable efforts, national pride has been salvaged.
- RAMESH THAKUR. Let’s learn from this pandemic to be better prepared for the really big one
- JENNY HOCKING. ‘If I were to terminate his commission’: Sir John Kerr’s secret ‘Palace letters on Whitlam’s dismissal
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Scott Morrison’s cooing of doves.
- DENNIS RICHARDS. Trumpism redefines American exceptionalism
Tag Archives: adverse events
John Menadue. Part 2. How we deliver healthcare is as important as the funding of healthcare. Medicare has degenerated into a payments system.
In Part 1 I focussed on the importance of improving the delivery of health care and not just funding. In Part 2 I will focus on specific areas where costs should be reduced. Part 2 Getting costs down The … Continue reading
There is an unacceptable refusal by many in the health sector to publish data and information about how services are delivered. There is a cover-up by powerful providers who don’t want transparency and exposure about the way they work. At … Continue reading
After examining more than 14,000 hospital admissions in NSW and SA, the national cost of harm from avoidable adverse events (mistakes) in our hospitals was estimated at just over$2 b pa in 1995/96. This study was undertaken by the Task … Continue reading