Most viewed recently
- When the war on terror turns inward
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Reflections on sixty years as a priest .
- True crime confessions – being rude to Centrelink
- It’s a terrible thing to say, but Joel Fitzgibbon is rapidly turning into Labor’s answer to Barnaby Joyce
- Four legs good two legs bad, private good public bad
- One of the biggest open secrets in Australian public policy-privatisation has failed (Canberra Times, 27 July 2020)
- Remembering Margaret Thatcher
- Some good news emerging from the bad
- Do we share the same values as the US?
Tag Archives: Al Jazeera
John Menadue’s blog post ‘White man’s media’ points to our media’s disproportionate coverage of terrorism in the west, where only 2.6 per cent of terrorism related deaths occur. Our easily accessible media outlets could be on the way to becoming even … Continue reading
In an effort to understand what is happening in the very important battle to retake the Sunni city of Tikrit in Iraq, now approaching its climax, I consulted yesterday’s news and editorial coverage in the Washington Post, (‘Iraqi forces break … Continue reading