Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- SPENCER ZIFCAK. The Attorney-General, the ASIS Officer and his Lawyer: The Story of the Shameful Timor Prosecution
- PATRICIA EDGAR. The Circus that has been Government Policy on the ABC for Forty Years
- ERIC HODGENS. Storms and Synods.
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- KERRY O’BRIEN. Speech to ABC Friends rally – Sydney 8 July 2018
- MUNGO MACCALUM. ACCC Report ignites squabbling. 17 July 2018
- GEOFF RABY. Lessons from China’s 40 years of reform – a very personal reflection 17 July 2018
- JOHN QUIGGIN. Australia’s failed energy policy needs more than just a Band-Aid (the Guardian 13.07.18) 17 July 2018
- KARL WILSON with Steve FitzGerald – Opening-up: The view from down under (China Daily 12/07/18) 17 July 2018
- PETER DAY: The Endarkenment 17 July 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (796)
- Economy (1,059)
- Education (198)
- Environment and climate (318)
- Health (495)
- Housing (71)
- Human Rights (409)
- Indigenous affairs (60)
- Industrial relations (33)
- Infrastructure (158)
- International Affairs (1,510)
- Asia (186)
- Links (10)
- Media (506)
- NBN (74)
- Politics (2,402)
- Refugees, Immigration (534)
- Religion and Faith (485)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (52)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (180)
Tag Archives: alternative-energy
Has there ever been a more demoralising time to be Prime Minister? There’s been the expected sniping from the sidelines and the continued calls for the Coalition to shore up its base and prevent leakage to parties like One Nation.
From an economic perspective, it would be far more efficient to eliminate subsidies altogether and to put a price on carbon that reflected its true cost. Private investors then would be able to choose which technology was most efficient.
STEPHEN LONG. Malcolm Turnbull’s turnaround on renewable energy, from pro-carbon price to clean coal
What a stunning turnaround. The man who lost the leadership by fighting to introduce a carbon price is now railing against renewable energy.