Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- SPENCER ZIFCAK. The Attorney-General, the ASIS Officer and his Lawyer: The Story of the Shameful Timor Prosecution
- KERRY O’BRIEN. Speech to ABC Friends rally – Sydney 8 July 2018
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- BOB CARR. How the Israeli Lobby operates.
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Three Stooges ride again.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. Trump, the Queen and Putin. 23 July 2018
- IAN DUNLOP. Climate Risk – Minerals Council of Australia Directors Breach Duties of Care and Due Diligence 23 July 2018
- VINCENT CHEOK. Understanding China and the Chinese – An Australian Perspective – Part 1. 23 July 2018
- LAURIE PATTON. Public servants, political appointments and good government. 23 July 2018
- PETER JOHNSTONE. Breaking the seal for the common good. 23 July 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (801)
- Economy (1,059)
- Education (200)
- Environment and climate (321)
- Health (495)
- Housing (72)
- Human Rights (411)
- Indigenous affairs (60)
- Industrial relations (33)
- Infrastructure (159)
- International Affairs (1,523)
- Asia (188)
- Links (10)
- Media (507)
- NBN (74)
- Politics (2,408)
- Refugees, Immigration (535)
- Religion and Faith (491)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (52)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (185)
Tag Archives: American alliance
Summary. Malcolm Fraser warned us that we no longer have an independent capacity to stay out of America’s wars.
Fairness, Opportunity and Security Policy series edited by Michael Keating and John Menadue. Summary: For fifty years, since Australia entered the war in Vietnam in 1965, Australian foreign policy has been made increasingly subservient to a specific concept of Australia’s … Continue reading
In my blog of 20 October ‘It is becoming much easier to go to war’ I highlighted the reasons and the background to developments since the Vietnam War that are making it much more likely that we will commit ourselves … Continue reading