Most viewed recently
- JOHN MENADUE. The Light From the Southern Cross.A Report on Catholic Church Governance
- JOHN MENADUE. The dangerous and erratic ally that offers us ‘protection’! An updated repost. Part 1 of 2
- JOHN MENADUE. The dangerous and erratic ally that offers us ‘protection’! An updated repost. Part 2 of 2
- DAVID SOLOMON. How the Queen and Kerr were blind-sided
- JENNY HOCKING. High Court says ‘Release the Palace Letters’
- PAUL COLLINS. First Step to a Better Church?
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Scott Morrison’s cooing of doves.
- ABUL RIZVI. Global Talent Independent Visa: Permanent residence in a week or two
- MUNGO MACALLUM. Thanks to Jenny Hocking’s indefatigable efforts, national pride has been salvaged.
- CHEK LING. The mutating ‘China question’
Tag Archives: American exceptionalism
The USA is a complex place with its vices, virtues and differences. Despite its noble ideals and democratic institutions, it has a long history of aggression and of overthrowing democracies in the pursuit of American commercial or strategic interests. It … Continue reading
For eight years I have delighted in Barack Obama’s words – even richer and more inspiring to see and hear in his ringing tones , than to read in cold print. . Those days are, sadly, about to depart. The … Continue reading
In this article in The Nation, George Grandin of New York University comments ‘Obama’s recomposition of American exceptionalism was tactically successful, at least as measured by his 2012 reelection, which expanded the multiracial and cross-class coalition that had given him … Continue reading