Most viewed recently
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- ABUL RIZVI. Global Talent Independent Visa: Permanent residence in a week or two
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Angus Taylor’s thought bubbles: from the second rate to the already discredited
- RAMESH THAKUR. Coronavirus data prove Australia is in Asia
- BOB CARR. Hidden Reality of Australia-China Relations
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- JOSEPH A. CAMILLERI. Can we rescue the China relationship from the abyss?
- PETER WILKINSON AND GAIL GROSSMAN FREYNE. Historic Church Governance Report locked down by Australian Bishops
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. The miracle of being two-faced and saving both faces
- JACK WATERFORD. Trump: the man who made America little again
Tag Archives: Aung San Suu Kyi
PHIL ROBERTSON. A new wave of atrocities is being committed against Muslims in Burma’s Rakhine state
The burned-out mosques in Sittwe, the capital of the Rakhine state in western Burma, loom as silent reminders of an atrocity, hiding behind overgrown bushes and cement walls amid the daily port city bustle.
Aung San Suu Kyi’s government appears unable – or unwilling – to halt what some describe as ‘ethnic cleansing’.
The Rohingya in Myanmar are facing increasing attacks and harassment. Australia and the region must be prepared to respond.
The hardline Buddhist Arakan National Party (ANP) that holds a majority of seats in Myanmar’s religiously divided Rakhine State has promised to fight any attempts to grant up to 1 million stateless ethic Rohingya citizenship. For the new National League … Continue reading