Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- RICHARD FLANAGAN. Australians in WWI didn’t die for Australia. They died for Britain. (Part 1 of 2)
- JOHN MENADUE. The Coalition and media myth about stopping the boats.
- EDMUND CAMPION. On Cardinal Gilroy At The Sydney Institute.
- MICHAEL PASCOE. The banking royal commission – it’s even worse than it looks
- IAN DUNLOP. The Monash Forum – of Coal & Horses.
- MARGARET O’CONNOR. Institutional reform following the Royal Commission on child sex abuse is women’s work. 26 April 2018
- RICHARD BUTLER. Admiral Harris is not coming: does it matter? 26 April 2018
- MACK WILLIAMS. North Korea – it’s summit time! 26 April 2018
- ELIZA BERLAGE. Our flailing aid created a Pacific problem. 26 April 2018
- Media Watch. How News Corp and The Australian mislead us on climate change. 26 April 2018
- Arts and Reviews (36)
- Defence/Security (743)
- Economy (966)
- Education (185)
- Environment and climate (295)
- Health (470)
- Housing (59)
- Human Rights (386)
- Indigenous affairs (57)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (135)
- International Affairs (1,310)
- Asia (94)
- Links (10)
- Media (471)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,269)
- Refugees, Immigration (520)
- Religion and Faith (451)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (142)
Tag Archives: Bill Leak
The debate over section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act (18C) has gone on for far too long. I welcome the Turnbull government’s attempt to amend the provision, while being disappointed yet again at the petty politics played on both … Continue reading
If one were ever in this situation, who would one wish to speak for them: George Brandis or Gillian Triggs? That’s the choice.