Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- PETER MANNING. Public trust and the ABC, a landmine for Turnbull.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Barnaby Joyce slapstick soap opera.
- PETER JOHNSTONE. Bishops in the headlights.
- MICHAEL PASCOE. Fear and loathing in superannuation – Liberal and industry fund conspiracy theories
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- RICHARD BUTLER. Singapore: Sound and Lights 18 June 2018
- STEVE RINTOUL AND STEVEN CHOWN. Antarctica has lost 3 trillion tonnes of ice in 25 years. Time is running out for the frozen continent. 18 June 2018
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. America’s frightened allies. 18 June 2018
- RANALD MACDONALD. The threat to public broadcasting in this country becomes more menacing by the day. 18 June 2018
- GEOFF MILLER. Trump-Kim Summit: What happens after a “day from a science fiction movie”? 18 June 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (782)
- Economy (1,035)
- Education (193)
- Environment and climate (308)
- Health (481)
- Housing (69)
- Human Rights (404)
- Indigenous affairs (59)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (150)
- International Affairs (1,446)
- Asia (153)
- Links (10)
- Media (488)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,352)
- Refugees, Immigration (527)
- Religion and Faith (474)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (160)
Tag Archives: first home buyers
Making Housing Affordable Series. NED CUTCHER. Running the private rental market at a loss, for profit
Understanding how unaffordable housing affects renters is increasingly important, since more Australians can expect to rent for longer. How do negative gearing and the capital gains tax discount affect affordability, amenity and security for renters? Encouraging “mums and dads” to … Continue reading
Treasurer Scott Morrison wants to use the May budget to ease growing community anxiety about housing affordability. Lots of ideas are being thrown about: the test for the Treasurer is to sort the good from the bad. Reports that the … Continue reading