Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- SPENCER ZIFCAK. The Attorney-General, the ASIS Officer and his Lawyer: The Story of the Shameful Timor Prosecution
- ERIC HODGENS. Storms and Synods.
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- KERRY O’BRIEN. Speech to ABC Friends rally – Sydney 8 July 2018
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Libertarians.
- Kim Jong-un says “Me too” 19 July 2018
- CAVAN HOGUE. Putin, Trump. Morals and Australia 19 July 2018
- STEPHEN BELL. How rising inequality is stalling economies by crippling demand (The Conversation 17.07.18) 19 July 2018
- PATRICK LAWRENCE. What’s going to happen when Assad wins the war in Syria? (Asian Times, 17.07.18) 19 July 2018
- ALISON BROINOWSKI. A law to end all wars? 19 July 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (799)
- Economy (1,059)
- Education (199)
- Environment and climate (319)
- Health (495)
- Housing (71)
- Human Rights (409)
- Indigenous affairs (60)
- Industrial relations (33)
- Infrastructure (158)
- International Affairs (1,517)
- Asia (188)
- Links (10)
- Media (506)
- NBN (74)
- Politics (2,403)
- Refugees, Immigration (534)
- Religion and Faith (486)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (52)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (182)
Tag Archives: Fred Chaney
Fred Chaney. The challenge of providing fairness, opportunity and security for Indigenous Australians.
Policy Series It is unlikely that at any time since 1788 a sample of Indigenous Australians would agree they have enjoyed fairness opportunity and security. It is similarly unlikely that any Minister responsible for Indigenous Affairs, past or present, would … Continue reading
See below, tributes from Fred Chaney and Robert Manne on Malcolm Fraser’s achievements in public life. John Mendue. Fred Chaney in The Guardian. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/20/malcolm-fraser-a-leader-who-believed-there-is-a-moral-compass-in-our-nations-life Robert Manne in The Guardian. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/20/frasers-great-conservative-achievement-cementing-whitlams-progress-on-race