Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI: Questions Ahead of Home Affairs Meeting That Never Happened
- JOHN MENADUE The myth that the Liberals are better economic managers?
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- ABUL RIZVI. Scott Morrison and Peter Dutton have lost control of our borders.
- ABUL RIZVI. New regional visas – a recipe for exploitation and destitution.
- MELISSA SWEET. What might Greta Thunberg tell the Australian Parliament? (Croakey) 26 April 2019
- GRAEME STEWART. Major holes in Medicare. 26 April 2019
- JOCELYN PIXLEY. The Coalition’s Terms on Hayne’s Commission 26 April 2019
- JERRY ROBERTS. The dumbing-down of politics, religion and trade unions 26 April 2019
- JOHN MENADUE. Jobs at Adani or on the Great Barrier Reef. 26 April 2019
- Arts and Reviews (47)
- Defence/Security (905)
- Drug Reform (30)
- Economy (1,247)
- Education (255)
- Environment and climate (485)
- Health (608)
- Housing (85)
- Human Rights (443)
- Indigenous affairs (79)
- Industrial relations (36)
- Infrastructure (202)
- International Affairs (1,964)
- Asia (361)
- Links (10)
- Media (593)
- NBN (81)
- Politics (3,100)
- Refugees, Immigration (655)
- Religion and Faith (616)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (56)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (6)
- Tributes (49)
- Uncategorized (225)
Tag Archives: Fred Chaney
Fred Chaney. The challenge of providing fairness, opportunity and security for Indigenous Australians.
Policy Series It is unlikely that at any time since 1788 a sample of Indigenous Australians would agree they have enjoyed fairness opportunity and security. It is similarly unlikely that any Minister responsible for Indigenous Affairs, past or present, would … Continue reading
See below, tributes from Fred Chaney and Robert Manne on Malcolm Fraser’s achievements in public life. John Mendue. Fred Chaney in The Guardian. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/20/malcolm-fraser-a-leader-who-believed-there-is-a-moral-compass-in-our-nations-life Robert Manne in The Guardian. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/20/frasers-great-conservative-achievement-cementing-whitlams-progress-on-race