Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI. Global Talent Independent Visa: Permanent residence in a week or two
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Angus Taylor’s thought bubbles: from the second rate to the already discredited
- BOB CARR. Hidden Reality of Australia-China Relations
- RAMESH THAKUR. Coronavirus data prove Australia is in Asia
- JOSEPH A. CAMILLERI. Can we rescue the China relationship from the abyss?
- COLIN MACKERRAS. The mess of Australia-China relations
- PETER WILKINSON AND GAIL GROSSMAN FREYNE. Historic Church Governance Report locked down by Australian Bishops
- JACK WATERFORD. Trump: the man who made America little again
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. The miracle of being two-faced and saving both faces
Tag Archives: health insurance
There was a recent flurry of media excitement about a supposed “secret hospital funding plan”, which turned out to be no more than an option under consideration by a think-tank. But the real (and overlooked) issue in health funding is … Continue reading
KAREN WILLIS AND SOPHIE LEWIS. Increased private health insurance premiums don’t mean increased value.
A topic of discussion at many barbecues this summer will inevitably be private health insurance. Is it worth it? Do we need it? Every year it gets more expensive. The average 4.8% increase in premiums just announced will have more … Continue reading
In my blog of August 14 I examined the question of who owns Medibank Private (MBP) particularly in light of the Abbott Government proposal to privatise the business. This is not an idle question or an academic issue only. MBP … Continue reading