Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. Issues of Integrity, Not Sex.
- QUENTIN DEMPSTER. Has the ABC buckled to PM Malcolm Turnbull by removing critical ‘analysis’ of the claimed benefits of corporate tax cuts?
- BERNARD KEANE. Joyce has always been a dud and should never have been deputy PM.
- MICHAEL KEATING. Trickle down economics and the Emma Alberici article.
- GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND … 24 February 2018
- ROSS GITTINS. Self-interest standing in the way of a fix for the Murray-Darling 24 February 2018
- JOHN MENADUE. When will we wake up to the risks as well as the benefits of the US alliance (A REPOST) 24 February 2018
- QUENTIN GRAFTON and JOHN WILLIAMS. States’ dummy-spit over the Murray-Darling Basin Plan clouds the real facts 24 February 2018
- GARY JOHNSTON. The Future Submarine: a technical problem 23 February 2018
- Arts and Reviews (35)
- Defence/Security (711)
- Economy (930)
- Education (176)
- Environment and climate (262)
- Health (441)
- Housing (53)
- Human Rights (378)
- Indigenous affairs (54)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (125)
- International Affairs (1,220)
- Asia (65)
- Links (8)
- Media (459)
- NBN (71)
- Politics (2,188)
- Refugees, Immigration (511)
- Religion and Faith (434)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (58)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (43)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (117)
Tag Archives: Hillary Clinton
There’s ever reason to believe Donald Trump policies will hurt Australia. But there’s some important differences and insulation. Trump’s election has energised Australia’s far right. Abbott, Abetz, Bernardi, Canavan, Christiansen and Hanson have all said, in one way or another, that … Continue reading
The final days of the US presidential campaign – a disgraceful saga at best – have been marked by a frantic race to the bottom by both sides. On the Trump side: an anonymous but skilfully made video is … Continue reading
The US elections campaign has set-up a deeply negative framework for the future management of US/Russia relations. If Hillary Clinton is President her past attraction to military solutions to foreign policy problems will need revision, if conflict is to … Continue reading
In a long and often exasperating presidential campaign, Americans and the world have been subjected to Donald Trump’s odious and often incoherent rhetoric, and from both sides much vitriol and endless accusations of deceit, crookedness and sexual misconduct. In this … Continue reading