Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. Issues of Integrity, Not Sex.
- QUENTIN DEMPSTER. Has the ABC buckled to PM Malcolm Turnbull by removing critical ‘analysis’ of the claimed benefits of corporate tax cuts?
- BERNARD KEANE. Joyce has always been a dud and should never have been deputy PM.
- MICHAEL KEATING. Trickle down economics and the Emma Alberici article.
- GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND … 24 February 2018
- ROSS GITTINS. Self-interest standing in the way of a fix for the Murray-Darling 24 February 2018
- JOHN MENADUE. When will we wake up to the risks as well as the benefits of the US alliance (A REPOST) 24 February 2018
- QUENTIN GRAFTON and JOHN WILLIAMS. States’ dummy-spit over the Murray-Darling Basin Plan clouds the real facts 24 February 2018
- GARY JOHNSTON. The Future Submarine: a technical problem 23 February 2018
- Arts and Reviews (35)
- Defence/Security (711)
- Economy (930)
- Education (176)
- Environment and climate (262)
- Health (441)
- Housing (53)
- Human Rights (378)
- Indigenous affairs (54)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (125)
- International Affairs (1,220)
- Asia (65)
- Links (8)
- Media (459)
- NBN (71)
- Politics (2,188)
- Refugees, Immigration (511)
- Religion and Faith (434)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (58)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (43)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (117)
Tag Archives: Huffington Post
When politicians say supply will fix the problem, ask them why it hasn’t worked yet. And also send them a copy of the graph from Chapter 1 of any first-year economics text book showing that price is the result of … Continue reading
The Australian edition of Huffington Post carried a very encouraging story on 4 February this year that it is now illegal for supermarkets in France to waste food. Both Chambers of the French Parliament have unanimously voted to ban large … Continue reading
What beautiful photos of refugees – our sisters and brothers, our children and grandchildren! http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/frederic-seguin-refugee-photos_us_56a1439ce4b0d8cc10993c79?ir=World§ion=australia
In the Huffington Post on 9 December, Seyed Hossein Mousavian describes the three issues that need to be addressed in order to solve the Syrian crisis. For link to this article, see below. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seyed-hossein-mousavian/syria-crisis-obstacles_b_8740514.html?ir=World?ncid=newsltushpmg00000003
‘I feel an obligation to give something back to the people I photograph.’ See link to stories and photos from the Huffington Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/alessandro-penso-interview_5672f66fe4b0648fe3028939?ir=World%253Fncid%253Dnewsltushpmg00000003
Too often in Australia we go cap in hand to the region when we have an asylum seeker or refugee problem. When our problems pass, we lose interest in regional cooperation. No wonder the region often see us as fair-weather … Continue reading