Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI: Questions Ahead of Home Affairs Meeting That Never Happened
- JOHN MENADUE The myth that the Liberals are better economic managers?
- ABUL RIZVI. New regional visas – a recipe for exploitation and destitution.
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Drunken braggarts get stung.
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND 20 April 2019
- PATTY FAWKNER SGS. Vague wanting. Our lives, yours and mine, are too precious to fritter away on lukewarm commitments and half-hearted vows. 19 April 2019
- JOHN MENADUE. Appealing to our Better Angels. A repost from 30 June 2011 19 April 2019
- BEVAN RAMSDEN. Do the US Marines in Darwin pose a risk to our peace and security? 19 April 2019
- DUNCAN GRAHAM Kingsford Smith forecast: Expect churls Inbox x 19 April 2019
- Arts and Reviews (46)
- Defence/Security (901)
- Drug Reform (30)
- Economy (1,244)
- Education (255)
- Environment and climate (476)
- Health (606)
- Housing (85)
- Human Rights (442)
- Indigenous affairs (79)
- Industrial relations (36)
- Infrastructure (202)
- International Affairs (1,961)
- Asia (361)
- Links (10)
- Media (592)
- NBN (81)
- Politics (3,082)
- Refugees, Immigration (652)
- Religion and Faith (614)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (56)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (6)
- Tributes (49)
- Uncategorized (223)
- H.K. COLEBATCH. What’s wrong with the APS? on
- EMILE NAKHLEH. Washington hawks clamouring to attack Iran on
- BEVAN RAMSDEN. Do the US Marines in Darwin pose a risk to our peace and security? on
- MIKE SCRAFTON. Political leadership and the next war. on
- BOB CARR. Australians with Chinese origins need to come together. on
Tag Archives: Islam
For all of the radical change promised by Donald Trump when he was campaigning, at least one area of continuity is abundantly clear: the preoccupation with, and a distorted understanding of Islam in general and Iran in particular. His appointment … Continue reading
Donald J. Trump likes to sound off about ‘bad hombres’ sneaking into the United States to spread terror and crime. Bad hombres come in many shapes and disguises, not only as bad people but also bad ideas.
ASIO Director-General is under-reported when he says anti-Islamic groups also threaten Australian security. ‘Incredible’ is a word over-used in the media when all they mean is ‘very’. So when something truly unbelievable happens, we have no description ready for it. … Continue reading