Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI. Partner Visas – A Lesser Known Dutton Scandal
- JOHN MENADUE. Negativity and a policy vacuum win the day.
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. Selling a PM – or just trashing the alternative
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. What should we do?
- ANDREW JAKUBOWICZ. Election 2019: finally, the beginning of the end of White Australia?
- JOHN MENADUE. Spare us the details! 24 May 2019
- RAMESH THAKUR. India’s 2019 elections 24 May 2019
- ALLAN PATIENCE Labor must broaden its base 24 May 2019
- STUART REES China, Hong Kong & Australia’s Love of Authoritarianism 24 May 2019
- JOHN DWYER An open letter to Minister Greg Hunt 24 May 2019
- Arts and Reviews (50)
- Defence/Security (914)
- Drug Reform (30)
- Economy (1,265)
- Education (261)
- Environment and climate (510)
- Health (618)
- Housing (93)
- Human Rights (446)
- Indigenous affairs (80)
- Industrial relations (36)
- Infrastructure (203)
- International Affairs (2,002)
- Asia (368)
- Links (10)
- Media (607)
- NBN (83)
- Politics (3,213)
- Refugees, Immigration (664)
- Religion and Faith (630)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (56)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (6)
- Tributes (52)
- Uncategorized (225)
Tag Archives: Karl Marx
Posted on 6 February 2017
This a review of Wolfgang Streeck’s book ‘How will capitalism end?’. Communists of the world, relax! Don’t spend your efforts trying to bring down capitalism, because it’s going to bring itself down.
Posted on 1 February 2017
Capitalism is in crisis. What Marx referred to as its internal contradictions have begun undermining its very foundations. It is time to ask what a post-capitalist world will be like.