Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- PETER MANNING. Public trust and the ABC, a landmine for Turnbull.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Barnaby Joyce slapstick soap opera.
- PETER JOHNSTONE. Bishops in the headlights.
- MICHAEL PASCOE. Fear and loathing in superannuation – Liberal and industry fund conspiracy theories
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- JOHN AUSTEN. Australian freight policy: after the chainsaw? Part 3 19 June 2018
- JOHN MENADUE. Coalition legacies. 19 June 2018
- MIKE SCRAFTON: NATO 2018 and Communique Dread 19 June 2018
- MUNGO MACALLUM. An apology to the victims of sexual abuse 19 June 2018
- ISHAAN THAROOR. Is Trump gaslighting the world on North Korea. 19 June 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (783)
- Economy (1,035)
- Education (193)
- Environment and climate (308)
- Health (484)
- Housing (69)
- Human Rights (404)
- Indigenous affairs (59)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (151)
- International Affairs (1,449)
- Asia (154)
- Links (10)
- Media (488)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,354)
- Refugees, Immigration (527)
- Religion and Faith (474)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (161)
Tag Archives: Kim Jong-un
President Trump’s characterisation of Kim Jong-un as a “smart cookie” illustrates the learning process he is undergoing about how to operate in Asia and who might be contributing to it. Learning how to manage President Duterte may be another challenge.
The world’s options on North Korea can be summarised as bad (strategic patience), worse (growing strategic impatience), and worst (military strikes).
We certainly live in far more interesting, if not astonishing, news times now that a Manhattan real estate developer occupies the White House. We wake up each day wondering what was the latest personal whim Donald Trump chose to exercise … Continue reading