Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Barnaby Joyce slapstick soap opera.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The end of Western Civilisation!
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- JOHN MENADUE. The ongoing class warfare .
- GARETH EVANS. How we should manage Donald Trump’s meltdown world (AFR 20/6/2018)
- JOHN MENADUE. Sydney Metro: A Forty Billion Dollar Deception? 25 June 2018
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. “They don’t hate us for what we do, but for who we are.” 25 June 2018
- QUENTIN DEMPSTER. The new coalition that is really governing Australia. 25 June 2018
- The negative coverage of Islam in Australian media and particularly by the Murdoch media 25 June 2018
- TONY SMITH. Under siege – the ABC, the Coalition and News Ltd. 25 June 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (784)
- Economy (1,037)
- Education (194)
- Environment and climate (310)
- Health (485)
- Housing (70)
- Human Rights (405)
- Indigenous affairs (59)
- Industrial relations (33)
- Infrastructure (154)
- International Affairs (1,462)
- Asia (158)
- Links (10)
- Media (496)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,365)
- Refugees, Immigration (528)
- Religion and Faith (476)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (165)
Tag Archives: Linda Simon
Linda Simon says that the vocational education and training (VET) system in Australia has faced many challenges over a number of years, including cuts to funding, lack of government attention and a system that has enabled students to be rorted … Continue reading
For some the crisis in vocational education and training (VET) and the fate of TAFE was a critical issue in the recent Australian Federal elections. For others it hardly made the radar. Unfortunately a number of those others included … Continue reading
Redesigning VET FEE-HELP In late April the Federal Government released a discussion paper entitled ‘Redesigning VET FEE-HELP’. It had become apparent that continuing legislative changes put through the Federal Parliament were not enough to prevent the behaviour of some private … Continue reading
LINDA SIMON. Do the Parties really care about vocational education and training (VET) these elections?
National TAFE Day was celebrated on June 16 this year, a little over two weeks before the Federal elections. Both Labor and the Greens took the opportunity to restate their support for TAFE and launch further policies. However the … Continue reading
Hearing or reading about vocational education and training (VET) today, we expect it to be another story of rorts and wrongdoings. And it is an horrific story, a story of for-profit private providers accessing public funding and not delivering the … Continue reading