Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI: Questions Ahead of Home Affairs Meeting That Never Happened
- JOHN MENADUE The myth that the Liberals are better economic managers?
- ABUL RIZVI. New regional visas – a recipe for exploitation and destitution.
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Drunken braggarts get stung.
- PETER SAINSBURY. Sunday environmental round up, 21 April 2019 21 April 2019
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND 20 April 2019
- PATTY FAWKNER SGS. Vague wanting. Our lives, yours and mine, are too precious to fritter away on lukewarm commitments and half-hearted vows. 19 April 2019
- JOHN MENADUE. Appealing to our Better Angels. A repost from 30 June 2011 19 April 2019
- BEVAN RAMSDEN. Do the US Marines in Darwin pose a risk to our peace and security? 19 April 2019
- Arts and Reviews (46)
- Defence/Security (901)
- Drug Reform (30)
- Economy (1,244)
- Education (255)
- Environment and climate (477)
- Health (606)
- Housing (85)
- Human Rights (442)
- Indigenous affairs (79)
- Industrial relations (36)
- Infrastructure (202)
- International Affairs (1,961)
- Asia (361)
- Links (10)
- Media (592)
- NBN (81)
- Politics (3,083)
- Refugees, Immigration (652)
- Religion and Faith (614)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (56)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (6)
- Tributes (49)
- Uncategorized (223)
- ANDREW CHUBB. China’s assertive maritime policy is older than Xi (East Asia Forum) on
- SUSAN RYAN. Older women are budget losers. on
- ABUL RIZVI. New regional visas – a recipe for exploitation and destitution. on
- BOB CARR. Australians with Chinese origins need to come together. on
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. ScoMo is happy to keep the campaign as mean and ugly as possible. on
Tag Archives: Media Watch
The National Wind Farm Commissioner, Andrew Dyer, delivered his first annual report on March 31, covering the first 14 months of the agency’s operation since being set up by the Abbott government, with the support of conservative cross-bench senators. The … Continue reading
Media Watch on 27 March 2017 described the unprofessional behaviour of the Australian and journalist Graham Lloyd over the reporting of the bleaching of the Great Barrier Reef. The Media Watch story follows.
A former top US intelligence official David Gompert has issued a sober warning to those who want to lock Australia into any future war with China. Speaking on Monday, Gompert said a war between the US and China could … Continue reading
According to a report on Media Watch on 8 February, Rupert Murdoch brought Tony Abbott as his guest at a banquet in Washington which President Obama attended. Several of the Murdoch papers in Australia suggested that this was a personal … Continue reading
As the Australian approaches its 50th anniversary amid much self-congratulation, an insight into its editorial standards and how it conducts itself in controversies is provided by its recent reporting of competing claims over tobacco consumption. Tobacco is still the largest … Continue reading