Most viewed recently
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- PAUL PERVERSI. Understanding anti-China Bias and other prejudices
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. The gruesome twosome’s crystal ball
- MACK WILLIAMS. Cost/Benefit Analysis of the Morrison Covid19 “proposal”
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Angus Taylor’s thought bubbles: from the second rate to the already discredited
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Between America and China?
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- DAVID SOLOMON. They should have said: No Minister
- JACK WATERFORD. Dutton fights from the flank
- ALEX MITCHELL. Don Harwin becomes cactus
Tag Archives: mining lobby
WA is but the most glaring example of the way that Australia’s politics have been directly affected by the politics of the so-called ‘resource curse’, when a powerful economic sector uses its disproportionate influence to shape political outcomes.
In his recent book, ‘The Origin of Political Order and Political Decay’ Francis Fukuyama of ‘End of History’ fame, focuses on how even developed and democratic societies can be captured by powerful vested interests. He suggests that this has happened … Continue reading