Most viewed recently
- Australia’s pro-Israel media fights facts and ends careers
- The Coalition is just following orders
- Why Australia’s strategic situation is far worse than we think (AFR 6.7.20)
- Moslem MP branded a terrorist. Is there a fair go?
- Lies and distortions about western policies in Asia: The Sino-Indian frontier dispute. Part 1 of 2
- China is not a threat to Australia
- Lies and distortions about western policies in Asia. The media and the Tiananmen massacre myth – part 2
- The Australian Government regards China as a strategic competitor, a revisionist power, and one that must be resisted.
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- The really big and tough issue is the environment says Ken Henry
Tag Archives: mission creep
Quo vadis – Australian foreign policy and ANZUS. Summary. We need diplomacy of the highest order, not military interventions which, as we have seen, generally make conflict situations worse.
The government is considering adding to the disaster in the Middle East by instructing the RAAF to bomb targets in Syria. Will we ever learn from our past mistakes? In supporting the US invasion of Iraq, Australia helped trigger the … Continue reading
Within the next ten days, the National Security Committee of Cabinet will discuss the US request to Australia to deploy RAAF assets in bombing IS targets in Syria. Presumably, senior defense, foreign affairs, intelligence and government policy staff will be … Continue reading
(or – when you get in a hole, stop digging) To the sound of approaching drumbeats, first the ever-reliable Jim Molan, then Peter Jennings, and after them Liberal MP Dan Tehan have been wheeled out to tell us in recent … Continue reading
We seem unable to learn from the history of past centuries and decades as we plan to send another 300 Australian troops to Iraq to train forces fighting IS. To show his patriotic fervour Tony Abbott needed eight Australian flags … Continue reading