Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Australia’s perpetual ‘war footing’.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. Malcolm Turnbull missed his chance to be his own man.
- GEOFF RABY. The current mess in Australia/China relations
- RANALD MACDONALD. ABC cuts – the gloves are off.
- RAMESH THAKUR. What Sank the Kim-Trump Summit? 26 May 2018
- PANKAJ MISHRA. A Gandhian Stand Against the Culture of Cruelty 26 May 2018
- JIM COOMBS. Best Things In Life. 26 May 2018
- MARTIN WOLF. Italy’s new rulers could shake the euro 26 May 2018
- GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND … 26 May 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (758)
- Economy (1,008)
- Education (191)
- Environment and climate (304)
- Health (479)
- Housing (69)
- Human Rights (393)
- Indigenous affairs (58)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (145)
- International Affairs (1,374)
- Asia (126)
- Links (10)
- Media (479)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,320)
- Refugees, Immigration (523)
- Religion and Faith (463)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (155)
Tag Archives: News Ltd
Two weeks before the fall of Tony Abbott, Rupert Murdoch tweeted “Abbott, far the best alternative”. The Liberal Party ignored his tweet and chose Malcolm Turnbull. Rupert Murdoch’s declining influence is becoming plain to see. At the last SA state … Continue reading
May Day 2014 – fittingly the day of Neville Wran’s memorial service at Sydney Town Hall – may well turn out to be the day when the Labor Party began to see its way ahead. Not because of the event … Continue reading
Last week the Australian Centre for Independent Journalism at the University of Technology, Sydney released a report on the above subject. It highlighted, amongst other things the unprofessional performance and influence of News Ltd publications in shaping the public debate … Continue reading