Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Australia’s perpetual ‘war footing’.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. Malcolm Turnbull missed his chance to be his own man.
- GEOFF RABY. The current mess in Australia/China relations
- RANALD MACDONALD. ABC cuts – the gloves are off.
- RAMESH THAKUR. What Sank the Kim-Trump Summit? 26 May 2018
- PANKAJ MISHRA. A Gandhian Stand Against the Culture of Cruelty 26 May 2018
- JIM COOMBS. Best Things In Life. 26 May 2018
- MARTIN WOLF. Italy’s new rulers could shake the euro 26 May 2018
- GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND … 26 May 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (758)
- Economy (1,008)
- Education (191)
- Environment and climate (304)
- Health (479)
- Housing (69)
- Human Rights (393)
- Indigenous affairs (58)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (145)
- International Affairs (1,374)
- Asia (126)
- Links (10)
- Media (479)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,320)
- Refugees, Immigration (523)
- Religion and Faith (463)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (155)
Tag Archives: older women
In the growing discourse around affordable housing, the federal and some state governments are edging forwards. Recently proposed changes have merit, but they may exclude poorer older women in need of housing.
The 2016 Intergenerational Report from Treasury predicted that by 2050 the numbers of people in Australia over 65, currently nearly a quarter of the population, will have doubled. Average age expectancy will be over 95 for women and men. Where … Continue reading