Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- PETER MANNING. A tone-deaf chairman at the ABC.
- ABUL RIZVI. Privatising visa processing – the alarm bells are ringing (Part 1)
- JOHN MENADUE. Ignore the planet and our grand children at our peril.
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- JACK WATERFORD. Turnbull’s ABC chickens home to roost (Canberra Times 28.9.2018)
- BOB CARR. How the Israeli Lobby operates.A repost 17 October 2018
- JOHN MCCARTHY. The Jerusalem Embassy,Iran and our national interest 17 October 2018
- RICHARD BUTLER. Will behaving like the 51st state of the United States win Wentworth for the Liberals? 17 October 2018
- GREG AUSTIN: Australia, Israel and the Pentecostal PM 17 October 2018
- GEORGE BROWNING. The Jerusalem Embassy thought bubble. 17 October 2018
- Arts and Reviews (40)
- Defence/Security (820)
- Drug Reform (22)
- Economy (1,126)
- Education (219)
- Environment and climate (387)
- Health (540)
- Housing (75)
- Human Rights (423)
- Indigenous affairs (70)
- Industrial relations (34)
- Infrastructure (173)
- International Affairs (1,670)
- Asia (253)
- Links (10)
- Media (546)
- NBN (74)
- Politics (2,661)
- Refugees, Immigration (576)
- Religion and Faith (537)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (54)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (200)
- JOHN MCCARTHY. The Jerusalem Embassy,Iran and our national interest on
- RICHARD ECKERSLY. Getting to the heart of democracy’s decline. on
- GREG JERICHO. Australia’s climate idiocracy must end – and there’s no time to waste. on
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Morrison channels Joh Bjelke-Petersen on
- JOHN DWYER. The extraordinary determination of China to have the world embrace its Traditional Medicine. (Part one of three) on
Tag Archives: Philippines.
While Washington is paralysed by alleged White House scandal the US has taken its eye off the South China Sea. Continuing developments in the region have reinforced China’s position. Australia cannot afford to delay its own examination of our long … Continue reading
President Trump’s characterisation of Kim Jong-un as a “smart cookie” illustrates the learning process he is undergoing about how to operate in Asia and who might be contributing to it. Learning how to manage President Duterte may be another challenge.
Three days ago, on 6 October, I posted a story ‘Nauru and the Philippines‘. That story carried an unconfirmed report that the Australian government was negotiating with the Philippines government for the transfer of 600 asylum seekers in Nauru to … Continue reading
Antonio Caballero, Semana, Colombia, 30 March 2014 http://www.semana.com/opinion/articulo/antonio-caballero-dos-imperios/381891-3 Barack Obama is normally very careful in his rhetoric, but some days ago, he said something a little unfortunate. When criticizing Russia’s annexation of the Crimea, he said to the press: “We … Continue reading