Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Barnaby Joyce slapstick soap opera.
- MICHAEL PASCOE. Fear and loathing in superannuation – Liberal and industry fund conspiracy theories
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The end of Western Civilisation!
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- JULIAN BURNSIDE. The legality of off-shore detention
- JOHN MENADUE. The ongoing class warfare . 23 June 2018
- JAMES FERNYHOUGH. This is how the biggest tax cut in history will affect you. (New Daily 21/6/2018) 23 June 2018
- ROBERT KAGAN. Trump’s America does not care. 23 June 2018
- JAMES FERNYHOUGH. Telstra’s bombshell announcement is ‘huge’ news for consumers. 23 June 2018
- SAM HURLEY AND KATE MACKENZIE. Climate horizons. 23 June 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (784)
- Economy (1,037)
- Education (193)
- Environment and climate (310)
- Health (485)
- Housing (70)
- Human Rights (405)
- Indigenous affairs (59)
- Industrial relations (33)
- Infrastructure (153)
- International Affairs (1,461)
- Asia (158)
- Links (10)
- Media (495)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,360)
- Refugees, Immigration (528)
- Religion and Faith (476)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (164)
Tag Archives: Philippines.
While Washington is paralysed by alleged White House scandal the US has taken its eye off the South China Sea. Continuing developments in the region have reinforced China’s position. Australia cannot afford to delay its own examination of our long … Continue reading
President Trump’s characterisation of Kim Jong-un as a “smart cookie” illustrates the learning process he is undergoing about how to operate in Asia and who might be contributing to it. Learning how to manage President Duterte may be another challenge.
Three days ago, on 6 October, I posted a story ‘Nauru and the Philippines‘. That story carried an unconfirmed report that the Australian government was negotiating with the Philippines government for the transfer of 600 asylum seekers in Nauru to … Continue reading
Antonio Caballero, Semana, Colombia, 30 March 2014 http://www.semana.com/opinion/articulo/antonio-caballero-dos-imperios/381891-3 Barack Obama is normally very careful in his rhetoric, but some days ago, he said something a little unfortunate. When criticizing Russia’s annexation of the Crimea, he said to the press: “We … Continue reading