Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- JOHN MENADUE. We are paying to protect an industry that no longer exists.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The pugnacious potato has done it again.
- PAUL COLLINS. The Best of 2018: The Real Crisis of Australian Catholicism.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. Kill Bill remains the default option for Scott Morrison.
- MICHELLE PINI. Something stinks in the Coalition and it’s not just dead fish (Independent Australia 17.01.2019)
- LUKE FRASER. The roads that ate the Australian economy – Part 1 of 2 22 January 2019
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. ScoMo needs damaging distractions – to distract from even more damaging ones. 22 January 2019
- LYNDSAY CONNORS – CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER. The Marketing of Private Schools 22 January 2019
- JOHN KERIN. Free Trade (sic), Current ‘Negotiations’ (Part 3) 22 January 2019
- VINCENT MAHON. Will the Greens learn from the Victorian election? 22 January 2019
- Arts and Reviews (46)
- Defence/Security (867)
- Drug Reform (29)
- Economy (1,187)
- Education (245)
- Environment and climate (417)
- Health (573)
- Housing (79)
- Human Rights (434)
- Indigenous affairs (71)
- Industrial relations (34)
- Infrastructure (191)
- International Affairs (1,833)
- Asia (320)
- Links (10)
- Media (571)
- NBN (77)
- Politics (2,854)
- Refugees, Immigration (609)
- Religion and Faith (578)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (56)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (6)
- Tributes (49)
- Uncategorized (215)
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. ScoMo needs damaging distractions – to distract from even more damaging ones. on
- LYNDSAY CONNORS – CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER. The Marketing of Private Schools on
- ABUL RIZVI. Is The Australian making excuses for incompetent immigration administration? on
- BREXIT AND PHILLIP on
- PATSY MCGARRY. Church response to modern abuse scandals ‘same as 30 years ago.’ on
Tag Archives: Quentin Dempster
The death of ABC broadcaster Mark Colvin on Thursday, May 11th, came as we were preparing to farewell religious broadcaster John Cleary from the ABC after a 37 year career.
As the United States Trump administration now confronts North Korea, there is talk of war. Also confronted, but more indirectly, is China itself with President Donald Trump’s declaration that the US would go it alone to disarm North Korea if China … Continue reading
The role of committed journalists, whether in a functioning democracy like Australia, or a country under a kleptocracy, totalitarian or politburo governance, is to tell the public what is really going on.
ABC MD Michelle Guthrie’s survival strategy for the national broadcaster is to re-invest brutally extracted payroll savings into new “extraordinary” content. While encouraging staff to come up with exciting new creative ideas to use the $20m available immediately and then … Continue reading
If Australia was a corporation, we, its shareholders, would be justified in terminating CEO Malcolm Turnbull’s employment contract forthwith.
New ABC managing director Michelle Guthrie now faces a choice. She can simply manage the ABC’s government-decreed decline or reorganise its resources to make distinctive, original and quality content the institution’s strategic priority. The choice she (and the ABC board … Continue reading
A CALL TO ARMS –Why this Country needs you to act. That is the title to my talk today and my exhortation to you all. The latest figures show over 400 ABC staff already “removed” from the ABC, as we … Continue reading
In a recent address to the Medico-Legal Society of NSW, Quentin Dempster has referred to the parlous state of journalism and the media and particularly the damage being caused by Rupert Murdoch and News Corp. It is a no-holds barred … Continue reading
Australian insularity and the strident xenophobia it generates is, I reckon, a significant drawback to our development as a responsive and engaged country in the Asia Pacific region. In this context it was immensely distressing to see the recent vandalising … Continue reading
S U B M I S S I O N Senate Select Committee into the Abbott Government’s Budget Cuts on Friday 12 December 2014 Quentin Dempster – appearing as a private individual VANDALISING THE ABC Following is a list of … Continue reading