Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- RICHARD FLANAGAN. Australians in WWI didn’t die for Australia. They died for Britain. (Part 1 of 2)
- JOHN MENADUE. The Coalition and media myth about stopping the boats.
- EDMUND CAMPION. On Cardinal Gilroy At The Sydney Institute.
- MICHAEL PASCOE. The banking royal commission – it’s even worse than it looks
- IAN DUNLOP. The Monash Forum – of Coal & Horses.
- MARGARET O’CONNOR. Institutional reform following the Royal Commission on child sex abuse is women’s work. 26 April 2018
- RICHARD BUTLER. Admiral Harris is not coming: does it matter? 26 April 2018
- MACK WILLIAMS. North Korea – it’s summit time! 26 April 2018
- ELIZA BERLAGE. Our flailing aid created a Pacific problem. 26 April 2018
- Media Watch. How News Corp and The Australian mislead us on climate change. 26 April 2018
- Arts and Reviews (36)
- Defence/Security (743)
- Economy (966)
- Education (185)
- Environment and climate (295)
- Health (470)
- Housing (59)
- Human Rights (386)
- Indigenous affairs (57)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (135)
- International Affairs (1,310)
- Asia (94)
- Links (10)
- Media (471)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,269)
- Refugees, Immigration (520)
- Religion and Faith (451)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (142)
Tag Archives: refugee deal with US
IF United States President-elect Donald Trump decides not to honour an agreement to accept refugees from Nauru and Manus Island then they should be settled permanently in Australia, Jesuit theologian and lawyer Fr Frank Brennan says.
The Turnbull government has struck a deal with the USA which provides hope at last for the 1600 proven refugees on Manus Island and Nauru. There’s still a lot of work to be done before these refugees, including children, … Continue reading