Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- JOHN MENADUE. Ignore the planet and our grand children at our peril.
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Morrison actually does something.
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Turnbull’s cronies.
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- MICHELLE FAHY. Invictus Games, glossing over inconvenient truths-the arms trade and the British royals
- JOHN MENADUE. Wentworth wipe-out! 22 October 2018
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. A fairy story. 22 October 2018
- ROGER SCOTT. Wentworth byelection – tale of two (other) cities. 22 October 2018
- KIM WINGEREI. An Australian Spring 22 October 2018
- JACK WATERFORD. Morrison lacks whatever it takes. 22 October 2018
- Arts and Reviews (40)
- Defence/Security (822)
- Drug Reform (22)
- Economy (1,130)
- Education (222)
- Environment and climate (389)
- Health (542)
- Housing (75)
- Human Rights (423)
- Indigenous affairs (70)
- Industrial relations (34)
- Infrastructure (174)
- International Affairs (1,684)
- Asia (259)
- Links (10)
- Media (548)
- NBN (74)
- Politics (2,677)
- Refugees, Immigration (577)
- Religion and Faith (540)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (55)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (37)
- Uncategorized (201)
Tag Archives: regional refugee arrangements.
There is more to the ALP policy on refugees and asylum than what we heard from the media, focused as it is on factional battles and the language of “back- flips” on contestable pieces of public policy such as … Continue reading
The joint communique issued yesterday by President Yudhoyono and PM Rudd is the best news that I have read on asylum seekers for many years. A regional framework is the only viable policy for the future. Individual countries cannot do … Continue reading
Foreign Minister Carr is focusing on whether some asylum seekers are refugees or economic migrants. This is symptomatic of a government that is continually in crisis mode over boat arrivals. It should focus on the strategic issues such as orderly … Continue reading