Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- JOHN MENADUE. We are paying to protect an industry that no longer exists.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The pugnacious potato has done it again.
- PAUL COLLINS. The Best of 2018: The Real Crisis of Australian Catholicism.
- MICHELLE PINI. Something stinks in the Coalition and it’s not just dead fish (Independent Australia 17.01.2019)
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. Scott Morrison says the bible is not a policy handbook.
- LESLEY RUSSELL. The recommendations from the MBS Review for reforms in primary care: who will ensure these proposals are properly considered? 24 January 2019
- KIM WINGEREI. Democracy in Decline – Part 1 24 January 2019
- GEORGE BROWNING. Is Christian Zionism contributing to the Israel Palestine Impasse? 24 January 2019
- PETER SMALL. A Royal Commission on the Murray-Darling. 24 January 2019
- JANE GOODALL. A plague of political idiots. 24 January 2019
- Arts and Reviews (46)
- Defence/Security (867)
- Drug Reform (29)
- Economy (1,189)
- Education (245)
- Environment and climate (418)
- Health (574)
- Housing (79)
- Human Rights (434)
- Indigenous affairs (71)
- Industrial relations (35)
- Infrastructure (192)
- International Affairs (1,838)
- Asia (321)
- Links (10)
- Media (571)
- NBN (77)
- Politics (2,861)
- Refugees, Immigration (609)
- Religion and Faith (579)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (56)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (6)
- Tributes (49)
- Uncategorized (215)
- MICHELLE ALEXANDER. Breaking the silence on Palestine (The New York Times International Edition). on
- MIKE SCRAFTON. Three democracies in crisis on
- NICK DEANE. Unravelling the fabric of the Australia/US alliance. on
- JOHN HEWSON. She won’t be right: the economic storm our leaders ignore. (SMH 18.1.2019) on
- JOHN MENADUE. We are paying an enormous price to keep Christopher Pyne in Parliament on
Tag Archives: regional refugee arrangements.
There is more to the ALP policy on refugees and asylum than what we heard from the media, focused as it is on factional battles and the language of “back- flips” on contestable pieces of public policy such as … Continue reading
The joint communique issued yesterday by President Yudhoyono and PM Rudd is the best news that I have read on asylum seekers for many years. A regional framework is the only viable policy for the future. Individual countries cannot do … Continue reading
Foreign Minister Carr is focusing on whether some asylum seekers are refugees or economic migrants. This is symptomatic of a government that is continually in crisis mode over boat arrivals. It should focus on the strategic issues such as orderly … Continue reading