Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- JOHN MENADUE. The continuing litany of lies on boat arrivals and border protection.
- BRIAN TOOHEY. The man who thought he owned a Prime Minister
- RAMESH THAKUR. Cardinal Pell’s guilty verdict is deeply troubling
- MICHAEL LEAHY. The Catholic Weekly: seeking justice for Pell or waging a culture war?
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. How good is Gladys?
- RAMESH THAKUR. Nuclear arms treaty and umbrella states (Japan Times 12 Sep) 23 September 2019
- TONY SMITH. CEO remuneration and socio-economic decline 23 September 2019
- KEVIN RUDD. Australia destroys its own reputation in the Pacific (East Asia Forum 9-9-19) 23 September 2019
- ABUL RIZVI: Bob Birrell’s War on Partner Visas 23 September 2019
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Government rakes in the tax. 23 September 2019
- Arts and Reviews (52)
- Defence/Security (963)
- Drug Reform (30)
- Economy (1,307)
- Education (270)
- Environment and climate (574)
- Health (644)
- Housing (99)
- Human Rights (463)
- Indigenous affairs (92)
- Industrial relations (37)
- Infrastructure (213)
- International Affairs (2,201)
- Asia (445)
- Links (10)
- Media (619)
- NBN (84)
- Politics (3,541)
- Refugees, Immigration (679)
- Religion and Faith (699)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (61)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (7)
- Tributes (61)
- Uncategorized (227)
Tag Archives: Rohingya refugees
Aung San Suu Kyi’s government appears unable – or unwilling – to halt what some describe as ‘ethnic cleansing’.
The Rohingya in Myanmar are facing increasing attacks and harassment. Australia and the region must be prepared to respond.
TRAVERS McLEOD, PETER HUGHES, SRIPRAPHA PETCHARAMESREE, STEVEN WONG, TRI NUKE PUDJIASTUTI: Rohingya refugees and building a regional framework to manage refugee flows.
Part 1. The Andaman Sea refugee crisis a year on: what happened and how did the region respond? The Andaman Sea crisis a year ago catalysed important policy developments on forced migration in Southeast Asia. Part one recaps what happened, … Continue reading