Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- GEOFF RABY. The current mess in Australia/China relations
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. Would ordaining women save the Catholic Church?
- ERIC HODGENS. Pell and the course that took him to the top
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Australia’s perpetual ‘war footing’.
- JOHN DALEY AND BRENDAN COATES. We can’t begin to fix our housing crisis until our leaders start levelling with the public 22 May 2018
- CHRIS MARTIN AND HAL PAWSON. Last year’s affordable housing green shoots have withered 22 May 2018
- PAUL COLLINS Stop the Buck-passing and Resign. 22 May 2018
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Liberals have a bloke problem. 22 May 2018
- IAN McAULEY. Dutton’s extended police powers won’t be confined to airports 22 May 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (757)
- Economy (1,003)
- Education (190)
- Environment and climate (302)
- Health (479)
- Housing (64)
- Human Rights (391)
- Indigenous affairs (58)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (143)
- International Affairs (1,363)
- Asia (122)
- Links (10)
- Media (479)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,317)
- Refugees, Immigration (523)
- Religion and Faith (460)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (154)
Tag Archives: rural poverty
John Menadue. The Coalition, Barnaby Joyce rural poverty and rural health. (Repost from 16 January 2016)
It is not surprising that independents are making headway in country electorates. But what is the ALP doing?
Country electorates have the most disadvantaged people, the poorest health and inferior health services. But the National Party does very little about it.
The Coalition represents most rural electorates in Australia. But we seldom hear of much concern about their constituents who have poor health and poor health services. this is a repost of an earlier article by Lesley Barclay about the problems … Continue reading