Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Barnaby Joyce slapstick soap opera.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The end of Western Civilisation!
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- JULIAN BURNSIDE. The legality of off-shore detention
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. One Nation and the fabled Enterprise Tax Plan
- JOHN MENADUE. The ongoing class warfare . 23 June 2018
- JAMES FERNYHOUGH. This is how the biggest tax cut in history will affect you. (New Daily 21/6/2018) 23 June 2018
- ROBERT KAGAN. Trump’s America does not care. 23 June 2018
- JAMES FERNYHOUGH. Telstra’s bombshell announcement is ‘huge’ news for consumers. 23 June 2018
- SAM HURLEY AND KATE MACKENZIE. Climate horizons. 23 June 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (784)
- Economy (1,037)
- Education (193)
- Environment and climate (310)
- Health (485)
- Housing (70)
- Human Rights (405)
- Indigenous affairs (59)
- Industrial relations (33)
- Infrastructure (153)
- International Affairs (1,461)
- Asia (158)
- Links (10)
- Media (495)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,360)
- Refugees, Immigration (528)
- Religion and Faith (476)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (164)
Tag Archives: The Australian Population Research Institute
BOB BIRRELL and DAVID McCLOSKEY. Sydney and Melbourne’s housing affordability crisis: no end in sight.
Our projections show that, on these demographic assumptions, new migrants will add about 64 per cent to the need for extra dwellings in Sydney over the decade 2012 to 2022 and 54 per cent in Melbourne.
There are many indicators of GP over-supply in Australia. … One consequence has been an escalation in the cost of GP rebates to the taxpayer. … Better distribution of GP services could be achieved by restricting new provider numbers to … Continue reading