Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- PAUL COLLINS. The Real Crisis of Australian Catholicism.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. Malcolm Turnbull and Barnaby Joyce
- CHRIS BONOR. The elite schools’ arms race goes nuclear
- ANDREW GLIKSON. The onset of climate tipping points
- STEVAN WONG,TRI NUKE PUDJIASTUTI, SRIPRAPHA PETCHARAMESREE and TRAVERS McLEOD Dialogue on Forced Migration ;Co-Chairs call for ongoing, coordinated action on Bangladesh and Myanmar. 19 March 2018
- MELISSA PARKE. Arms Export Goal Risks The Standing Of A Good International Citizen. 19 March 2018
- GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND … 17 March 2018
- JOHN MENADUE. The ASEAN Summit in Sydney this weekend. 17 March 2018
- TIM LINDSEY and DAVE MCCRAE. Australian-Indonesia: strangers next door 17 March 2018
- Arts and Reviews (35)
- Defence/Security (723)
- Economy (941)
- Education (181)
- Environment and climate (277)
- Health (452)
- Housing (55)
- Human Rights (378)
- Indigenous affairs (54)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (129)
- International Affairs (1,259)
- Asia (79)
- Links (10)
- Media (462)
- NBN (71)
- Politics (2,221)
- Refugees, Immigration (512)
- Religion and Faith (436)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (43)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (124)
Tag Archives: The Australian Population Research Institute
BOB BIRRELL and DAVID McCLOSKEY. Sydney and Melbourne’s housing affordability crisis: no end in sight.
Our projections show that, on these demographic assumptions, new migrants will add about 64 per cent to the need for extra dwellings in Sydney over the decade 2012 to 2022 and 54 per cent in Melbourne.
There are many indicators of GP over-supply in Australia. … One consequence has been an escalation in the cost of GP rebates to the taxpayer. … Better distribution of GP services could be achieved by restricting new provider numbers to … Continue reading