Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI: Questions Ahead of Home Affairs Meeting That Never Happened
- JOHN MENADUE The myth that the Liberals are better economic managers?
- ABUL RIZVI. New regional visas – a recipe for exploitation and destitution.
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- ABUL RIZVI. Scott Morrison and Peter Dutton have lost control of our borders.
- GREG LOCKHART. What we forget on Anzac Day. 25 April 2019
- JOHN MENADUE. Best we forget – the Frontier and Maori Wars. An update 25 April 2019
- STUART REES, Churches Support for the Boycott, Divestment Sanctions (BDS) Movement 25 April 2019
- ANDREW FROST. Alternative Histories, the ANZAC legend re-imagined on canvas 25 April 2019
- DAVID STEPHENS. Beneath the tumult and the shouting: Anzac Day as a private experience. 25 April 2019
- Arts and Reviews (47)
- Defence/Security (905)
- Drug Reform (30)
- Economy (1,245)
- Education (255)
- Environment and climate (482)
- Health (607)
- Housing (85)
- Human Rights (443)
- Indigenous affairs (79)
- Industrial relations (36)
- Infrastructure (202)
- International Affairs (1,964)
- Asia (361)
- Links (10)
- Media (593)
- NBN (81)
- Politics (3,095)
- Refugees, Immigration (655)
- Religion and Faith (615)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (56)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (6)
- Tributes (49)
- Uncategorized (225)
Tag Archives: the New Daily
As the United States Trump administration now confronts North Korea, there is talk of war. Also confronted, but more indirectly, is China itself with President Donald Trump’s declaration that the US would go it alone to disarm North Korea if China … Continue reading
If Australia was a corporation, we, its shareholders, would be justified in terminating CEO Malcolm Turnbull’s employment contract forthwith.
The brutality and assasination of the editors and cartoonists of Charlie Hebdo must be condemned. Those responsible must face and perhaps have faced the full consequences. But if I were a Muslim, I would have been offended by the Charlie … Continue reading
In the ‘New Daily’ of December 17, 2014, Bruce Guthrie, a former editor-in-chief of ‘The Age’ and Murdoch’s ‘Herald Sun’ tells us what he thinks about Murdoch’s twittering ‘But here he was seemingly gloating over the outcome of the appalling … Continue reading