Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- PETER MANNING. Public trust and the ABC, a landmine for Turnbull.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Barnaby Joyce slapstick soap opera.
- PETER JOHNSTONE. Bishops in the headlights.
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- MICHAEL PASCOE. Fear and loathing in superannuation – Liberal and industry fund conspiracy theories
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. America’s frightened allies. 18 June 2018
- RANALD MACDONALD. The threat to public broadcasting in this country becomes more menacing by the day. 18 June 2018
- GEOFF MILLER. Trump-Kim Summit: What happens after a “day from a science fiction movie”? 18 June 2018
- ANDREW LEIGH. Rising to the challenge of inequality. 18 June 2018
- JOHN AUSTEN. Australian freight policy: where is my chainsaw . Part2. 18 June 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (781)
- Economy (1,035)
- Education (193)
- Environment and climate (307)
- Health (481)
- Housing (69)
- Human Rights (404)
- Indigenous affairs (59)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (150)
- International Affairs (1,445)
- Asia (153)
- Links (10)
- Media (488)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,352)
- Refugees, Immigration (527)
- Religion and Faith (474)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (160)
Tag Archives: Trump in Saudi Arabia
The breathless hypocrisy of Donald Trump’s recent visit to Saudi Arabia should leave us all reeling. The fact that the new president could make his first overseas journey to the very country he previously castigated, rightly, as the mother lode … Continue reading
President Trump’s visit to Saudi Arabia and then Israel served entirely cynical international and domestic political purposes. All contentious issues were ignored. The great power competition in the Middle East: US/Saudi and Russia/Iran has deepened.