Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- PETER MANNING. Public trust and the ABC, a landmine for Turnbull.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Barnaby Joyce slapstick soap opera.
- PETER JOHNSTONE. Bishops in the headlights.
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- MICHAEL PASCOE. Fear and loathing in superannuation – Liberal and industry fund conspiracy theories
- RICHARD BUTLER. Singapore: Sound and Lights 18 June 2018
- STEVE RINTOUL AND STEVEN CHOWN. Antarctica has lost 3 trillion tonnes of ice in 25 years. Time is running out for the frozen continent. 18 June 2018
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. America’s frightened allies. 18 June 2018
- RANALD MACDONALD. The threat to public broadcasting in this country becomes more menacing by the day. 18 June 2018
- GEOFF MILLER. Trump-Kim Summit: What happens after a “day from a science fiction movie”? 18 June 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (782)
- Economy (1,035)
- Education (193)
- Environment and climate (308)
- Health (481)
- Housing (69)
- Human Rights (404)
- Indigenous affairs (59)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (150)
- International Affairs (1,446)
- Asia (153)
- Links (10)
- Media (488)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,352)
- Refugees, Immigration (527)
- Religion and Faith (474)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (160)
Tag Archives: white man’s media
At the National Press Club yesterday Mike Keating and Hugh White again drew attention to the very serious problems of our proposed submarine purchases. We will be following their addresses further. The following is a repost from December 16 last … Continue reading
The Australian media behave as if Australia is a large island parked off London or New York. Our media is remarkably derivative as a result of media systems laid down over a century ago. It is very unresponsive to the … Continue reading
In this blog I propose to run a regular Wednesday column White Man’s Media focusing on the derivative nature of our media and its failure to reflect our own region .. I have in mind pieces of 100 -400 … Continue reading
JOHN MENADUE. Our White Man’s Media. It is so derivative and relies heavily on news and entertainment sources in New York and London.
Mark Scott the outgoing Managing Director on the ABC regretted his failure to ensure that the ABC reflected the ethnic diversity of Australia. He should also have added that the ABC has failed to help us equip ourselves for our … Continue reading