Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI: Questions Ahead of Home Affairs Meeting That Never Happened
- JOHN MENADUE The myth that the Liberals are better economic managers?
- ABUL RIZVI. New regional visas – a recipe for exploitation and destitution.
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Drunken braggarts get stung.
- PETER SAINSBURY. Sunday environmental round up, 21 April 2019 21 April 2019
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND 20 April 2019
- PATTY FAWKNER SGS. Vague wanting. Our lives, yours and mine, are too precious to fritter away on lukewarm commitments and half-hearted vows. 19 April 2019
- JOHN MENADUE. Appealing to our Better Angels. A repost from 30 June 2011 19 April 2019
- BEVAN RAMSDEN. Do the US Marines in Darwin pose a risk to our peace and security? 19 April 2019
- Arts and Reviews (46)
- Defence/Security (901)
- Drug Reform (30)
- Economy (1,244)
- Education (255)
- Environment and climate (477)
- Health (606)
- Housing (85)
- Human Rights (442)
- Indigenous affairs (79)
- Industrial relations (36)
- Infrastructure (202)
- International Affairs (1,961)
- Asia (361)
- Links (10)
- Media (592)
- NBN (81)
- Politics (3,083)
- Refugees, Immigration (652)
- Religion and Faith (614)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (56)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (6)
- Tributes (49)
- Uncategorized (223)
- ANDREW CHUBB. China’s assertive maritime policy is older than Xi (East Asia Forum) on
- SUSAN RYAN. Older women are budget losers. on
- ABUL RIZVI. New regional visas – a recipe for exploitation and destitution. on
- BOB CARR. Australians with Chinese origins need to come together. on
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. ScoMo is happy to keep the campaign as mean and ugly as possible. on
Tag Archives: white man’s media
At the National Press Club yesterday Mike Keating and Hugh White again drew attention to the very serious problems of our proposed submarine purchases. We will be following their addresses further. The following is a repost from December 16 last … Continue reading
The Australian media behave as if Australia is a large island parked off London or New York. Our media is remarkably derivative as a result of media systems laid down over a century ago. It is very unresponsive to the … Continue reading
In this blog I propose to run a regular Wednesday column White Man’s Media focusing on the derivative nature of our media and its failure to reflect our own region .. I have in mind pieces of 100 -400 … Continue reading
JOHN MENADUE. Our White Man’s Media. It is so derivative and relies heavily on news and entertainment sources in New York and London.
Mark Scott the outgoing Managing Director on the ABC regretted his failure to ensure that the ABC reflected the ethnic diversity of Australia. He should also have added that the ABC has failed to help us equip ourselves for our … Continue reading