Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- JOHN MENADUE. The Coalition and media myth about stopping the boats.
- EDMUND CAMPION. On Cardinal Gilroy At The Sydney Institute.
- MICHAEL PASCOE. The banking royal commission – it’s even worse than it looks
- IAN DUNLOP. The Monash Forum – of Coal & Horses.
- RICHARD FLANAGAN. Australians in WWI didn’t die for Australia. They died for Britain. (Part 1 of 2)
- DAVID STEPHENS. Lest We Forget again: Anzac Day is an opportunity to confront our violent frontier past and its shadow today. 25 April 2018
- JOHN MENADUE Anzacs fought and died at Gallipoli for Britain, not Australia 25 April 2018
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Remembrance Day in New York: Anzac Day in Tasmania. 25 April 2018
- SUE WAREHAM. Honouring the war dead means learning from the horror. 25 April 2018
- DOUGLAS NEWTON. Anzac Day: From respectful remembrance to festival of forgetting 25 April 2018
- Arts and Reviews (36)
- Defence/Security (743)
- Economy (965)
- Education (185)
- Environment and climate (294)
- Health (470)
- Housing (59)
- Human Rights (385)
- Indigenous affairs (57)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (135)
- International Affairs (1,307)
- Asia (94)
- Links (10)
- Media (470)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,269)
- Refugees, Immigration (520)
- Religion and Faith (451)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (142)
Tag Archives: work and holiday visa program with Singapore
BOB KINNAIRD. Like earlier Free Trade Agreements, the new FTA with Singapore continues to waive labour market testing which has been designed to protect Australian workers and students.
Prime Minister Turnbull announced the Australia-Singapore ‘Comprehensive Strategic Partnership’ (CSP) on 6 May last, just a few days before he called the 2 July election. Cynics will suspect the timing and also see the Singapore announcement as something of a … Continue reading