Recently Iranian women started a movement all over the country especially in Tehran . They stand on a platform, take their scarves off and drape them over a street sign. It is in protest again the Islamic dress code . In Tehran, 28 women have been caught and gaoled so far . The first woman arrested did it in Tehran’s Revolution Street so they are called “The Girls of Revolution Street.” See photos.
Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- PETER MANNING. Public trust and the ABC, a landmine for Turnbull.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Barnaby Joyce slapstick soap opera.
- PETER JOHNSTONE. Bishops in the headlights.
- MICHAEL PASCOE. Fear and loathing in superannuation – Liberal and industry fund conspiracy theories
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- MICHAEL PASCOE. Liberals’ lurch to the right is straight out of Trump playbook 20 June 2018
- GEOFF RABY. How Kim Jong-un can bring his economy in from the cold. 20 June 2018
- GARRY EVERETT. The Catholic Church at the crossroads. 20 June 2018
- JOHN DWYER. Health care reform – Part 2. 20 June 2018
- PAUL COLLINS. No longer eight cents a day. 20 June 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (783)
- Economy (1,035)
- Education (193)
- Environment and climate (308)
- Health (485)
- Housing (69)
- Human Rights (404)
- Indigenous affairs (59)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (151)
- International Affairs (1,451)
- Asia (156)
- Links (10)
- Media (490)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,355)
- Refugees, Immigration (528)
- Religion and Faith (475)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (161)