Most viewed recently
- Do we share the same values as the US?
- The Reagan and Thatcher legacies: sorting truth from fantasy.
- My Kafkaesque Trial
- Trump has a problem with China – but what is Australia doing?
- Aged care homes: the weakest COVID-19 link
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Exposing the Hidden Hand
- His country, weak or strong (Inside Story 3 August, 2020)
- The US hypocrisy on the South China Sea and Diego Garcia
- True crime confessions – being rude to Centrelink
Author Archives: Evan Jones
If the banks make concessions to borrowers deprived of income due to the pandemic it will be their first socially considerate act since financial deregulation.
Right-wing governments are splashing the cash – what gives? Neoliberalism is temporarily being abandoned, but will it continue after this crisis is over?
The French economist and social critic Frédéric Lordon recently penned an article on his blog at Le Monde Diplomatique titled “The Potemkin Moment”.
The Australian media have been running a campaign for freedom of the press, under the rubric yourrighttoknow.com.au. The campaign asks: ‘When government keeps the truth from you, what are they covering up?’ A worthy cause. One needs to go further … Continue reading
The Banking Royal Commission’s Final Report has generated much froth and bubble in the media. Hayne has chosen to emphasise the sins of the finance sector in the ‘wealth management’ arena (financial advice, insurance, super – the last superficially). Media … Continue reading
Capitalism has been analysed to death in academia and elsewhere. Thus we know that capitalism is structurally conducive to exploitation, to the production and reproduction of class-based inequality, to the degradation of nature, and so on. Such analysis is of … Continue reading