Most viewed recently
- Australia’s pro-Israel media fights facts and ends careers
- The Coalition is just following orders
- Why Australia’s strategic situation is far worse than we think (AFR 6.7.20)
- Moslem MP branded a terrorist. Is there a fair go?
- Lies and distortions about western policies in Asia: The Sino-Indian frontier dispute. Part 1 of 2
- Lies and distortions about western policies in Asia. The media and the Tiananmen massacre myth – part 2
- Sir John Kerr’s secret ‘Palace letters’ to be released
- China is not a threat to Australia
- The Australian Government regards China as a strategic competitor, a revisionist power, and one that must be resisted.
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
Author Archives: Haiqing Yu
In the age of weaponised racism, Chinese Australians have taken on the moral duty of telling Australia stories well.
“Social Credit”: China’s Automated Social Control and the Question of Choice The social credit system of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) has attracted worldwide attention.
The discourse on China’s influence in Australia has recently shifted its focus to Chinese students on Australian university campuses. They are seen as pro-Chinese Communist Party nationalists who sing the Chinese national anthem and shout profane abuse at pro-Hong Kong-protest … Continue reading
Reports on daigou (personal shoppers) in Australia have evoked mixed feelings about Chinese presence and influence in Australian everyday and economic lives.