Most viewed recently
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- PAUL PERVERSI. Understanding anti-China Bias and other prejudices
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Angus Taylor’s thought bubbles: from the second rate to the already discredited
- RAMESH THAKUR. Coronavirus data prove Australia is in Asia
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- DAVID SOLOMON. They should have said: No Minister
- JOSEPH A. CAMILLERI. Can we rescue the China relationship from the abyss?
- STUART REES. Cowardice as a principle of foreign policy, what on earth are they thinking?
- ALEX MITCHELL. Don Harwin becomes cactus
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. The miracle of being two-faced and saving both faces
Author Archives: Jeff Borland
After all the forecasts and speculation, now we know the worst. Today’s numbers from the ABS lay out the catastrophic impact of COVID-19 on the Australian labour market.
Making predictions about the future of the Australian economy has never been more difficult than at present. In the midst of so much uncertainty, however, one development has been absolutely predictable: Calls for major reform to Australia’s industrial relations (IR) … Continue reading
COVID-19 will bring decreases in employment and labour supply in Australia – at a scale and speed which are unprecedented. This article explains why COVID-19 is having these effects and describes who are the workers being most affected.