Most viewed recently
- Do we share the same values as the US?
- Trump has a problem with China – but what is Australia doing?
- My Kafkaesque Trial
- The federal government is hiding under the covers
- Aged care homes: the weakest COVID-19 link
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Exposing the Hidden Hand
- The Reagan and Thatcher legacies: sorting truth from fantasy.
- The US hypocrisy on the South China Sea and Diego Garcia
- China must obey international rules in the South China Sea but the US ignores them in Diego Garcia (Repost 3 July 2020)
Tag Archives: 7-11 stores
To reduce foreign worker exploitation, enforce employer sanctions laws 2015 produced a never-ending stream of stories of exploited foreign workers on all kinds of temporary visas. They include overseas students, working holiday and 457 ‘skilled’ visa-holders. Nearly all temporary visas … Continue reading
The recent Fairfax/ABC Four Corners reports exposing widespread exploitation and wage abuse of overseas students and other visa workers in 7-11 stores, horticulture and other sectors have been justly applauded as outstanding examples of investigative journalism. Their impact has been … Continue reading