Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- MUNGO MACCALLUM.- Fed up with pious negligence.
- MUNGO MACCALLUM.-There is no reason to believe that Scott Morrison is becoming a serious Prime Minister
- ABUL RIZVI.-Where have Dutton and Pezzullo been hiding?
- JON STANFORD.- Second rate leadership. Part 1 of 3
- GEORGE BROWNING.- How good are the fires?
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND 18 January 2020
- CHRIS DENNIS. A burning country. 17 January 2020
- DAVID SOLOMON.- Morrison’s scary words on deployment of troops.. 17 January 2020
- IAN WEBSTER.- Advocacy is hard going against the alcohol lobby. 17 January 2020
- JOHN TAN. Zuckerberg is right, isn’t he? 17 January 2020
- Arts and Reviews (54)
- Defence/Security (998)
- Drug Reform (36)
- Economy (1,359)
- Education (276)
- Environment and climate (652)
- Health (676)
- Housing (108)
- Human Rights (480)
- Indigenous affairs (95)
- Industrial relations (37)
- Infrastructure (225)
- International Affairs (2,347)
- Links (10)
- Media (635)
- NBN (84)
- Politics (3,863)
- Refugees, Immigration (696)
- Religion and Faith (746)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (62)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (9)
- Tributes (64)
- Uncategorized (228)
- DAVID SOLOMON.- Morrison’s scary words on deployment of troops.. on
- DAVID BENTLEY HART. ‘The Enchantments of Mammon’ (A book review) on
- KEVIN TOLHURST.- We have already had countless bushfire inquiries (The Conversation 16.1.2020) on
- JOHN KERIN: Reform and the ALP on
- MUNGO MACCALLUM.-The Veil of the Temple is Rent in Twain on
Tag Archives: Afghanistan
Whereas economic globalisation might seem for a time to be on the wane, in the military sphere globalisation is on the rise. Regional alliances are being transformed into global alliances. ANZUS has been merged de facto into NATO, and where … Continue reading
The US is planning to increase its forces in Afghanistan. It is bound to ask us to do the same. In the light of his performance in New York, our Prime Minister seems certain to accede, and do so without … Continue reading
The term “fake news” has gained a certain currency in recent months, perhaps reaching its apogee with the Washington Post’s notorious list of alleged fake news sites.
We certainly live in far more interesting, if not astonishing, news times now that a Manhattan real estate developer occupies the White House. We wake up each day wondering what was the latest personal whim Donald Trump chose to exercise … Continue reading
Large seizures of illicit drugs always attract considerable publicity, and are no doubt very positive for the law enforcement agencies and politicians involved. But do they benefit the community?
In a long and often exasperating presidential campaign, Americans and the world have been subjected to Donald Trump’s odious and often incoherent rhetoric, and from both sides much vitriol and endless accusations of deceit, crookedness and sexual misconduct. In this … Continue reading