Most viewed recently
- PETER GOERS. With China, many Aussies are absolute hypocrites (Sunday Mail 31.5.20)
- China must obey international rules in the South China Sea but the US can ignore them in Diego Garcia.
- China is not a threat to Australia
- The strange case of Shaoquett Moselmane and the AFP and ASIO raid.
- It’s time to strip ‘national security’ of its sacred cow status. Part 1
- Why Australia’s strategic situation is far worse than we think (AFR 6.7.20)
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- A win’s a win in Eden-Monaro
- The Coalition is just following orders
- Media in the Asian Century
Tag Archives: Afghanistan
Whereas economic globalisation might seem for a time to be on the wane, in the military sphere globalisation is on the rise. Regional alliances are being transformed into global alliances. ANZUS has been merged de facto into NATO, and where … Continue reading
The US is planning to increase its forces in Afghanistan. It is bound to ask us to do the same. In the light of his performance in New York, our Prime Minister seems certain to accede, and do so without … Continue reading
The term “fake news” has gained a certain currency in recent months, perhaps reaching its apogee with the Washington Post’s notorious list of alleged fake news sites.
We certainly live in far more interesting, if not astonishing, news times now that a Manhattan real estate developer occupies the White House. We wake up each day wondering what was the latest personal whim Donald Trump chose to exercise … Continue reading
Large seizures of illicit drugs always attract considerable publicity, and are no doubt very positive for the law enforcement agencies and politicians involved. But do they benefit the community?
In a long and often exasperating presidential campaign, Americans and the world have been subjected to Donald Trump’s odious and often incoherent rhetoric, and from both sides much vitriol and endless accusations of deceit, crookedness and sexual misconduct. In this … Continue reading