Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- CHRIS SIDOTI.- Archbishop Anthony saves the day.
- KERRY BREEN and KERRY GOULSTON.-An improved response to COVID-19 will not be achieved with the current approach.
- IAN McAULEY. We should be thankful that Morrison wasn’t our PM in 1939.
- RAMESH THAKUR. Coronavirus pandemic: sceptical question marks make for better policy than excitable exclamation marks
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- QUENTIN DEMPSTER supports Pearls and Irritations. 6 April 2020
- MUNGO MACCALLUM.-Patriotism is Paramount 6 April 2020
- LAURIE PATTON. Let’s add fixing the NBN to our post Coronavirus planning 6 April 2020
- ANDREW FARRAN. Wither Brexit and the Trade System under Covid-19? 6 April 2020
- ADRIAN BAUMAN.-Shaping the Corona Story: mass communications in the COVID-19 pandemic. 6 April 2020
- Arts and Reviews (57)
- Commendations (5)
- Defence/Security (1,017)
- Drug Reform (36)
- Economy (1,397)
- Education (285)
- Environment and climate (690)
- Health (744)
- Housing (113)
- Human Rights (491)
- Indigenous affairs (104)
- Industrial relations (37)
- Infrastructure (227)
- International Affairs (2,399)
- Links (10)
- Media (644)
- NBN (84)
- Politics (4,186)
- Refugees, Immigration (702)
- Religion and Faith (754)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (65)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (9)
- Tributes (64)
- Uncategorized (228)
Tag Archives: Andrew Jakubowicz
ANDREW JAKUBOWICZ. A Bigots’ Frenzy: how race, class and gender still matter in the Australian politics of Section 18C.
Australia is a democratic pluralist society and there lies the rub. Democracies privilege freedom, while pluralism requires civility. In the increasing hyperbole surrounding the question of the impact of Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act many are arguing … Continue reading