Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI. Partner Visas – A Lesser Known Dutton Scandal
- JOHN MENADUE. Negativity and a policy vacuum win the day.
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. Selling a PM – or just trashing the alternative
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. What should we do?
- ANDREW JAKUBOWICZ. Election 2019: finally, the beginning of the end of White Australia?
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND 25 May 2019
- JOHN MENADUE. Spare us the details! 24 May 2019
- RAMESH THAKUR. India’s 2019 elections 24 May 2019
- ALLAN PATIENCE Labor must broaden its base 24 May 2019
- STUART REES China, Hong Kong & Australia’s Love of Authoritarianism 24 May 2019
- Arts and Reviews (50)
- Defence/Security (914)
- Drug Reform (30)
- Economy (1,265)
- Education (261)
- Environment and climate (510)
- Health (618)
- Housing (93)
- Human Rights (446)
- Indigenous affairs (80)
- Industrial relations (36)
- Infrastructure (203)
- International Affairs (2,002)
- Asia (368)
- Links (10)
- Media (607)
- NBN (83)
- Politics (3,214)
- Refugees, Immigration (664)
- Religion and Faith (630)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (56)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (6)
- Tributes (52)
- Uncategorized (225)
Tag Archives: Andrew Jakubowicz
ANDREW JAKUBOWICZ. A Bigots’ Frenzy: how race, class and gender still matter in the Australian politics of Section 18C.
Australia is a democratic pluralist society and there lies the rub. Democracies privilege freedom, while pluralism requires civility. In the increasing hyperbole surrounding the question of the impact of Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act many are arguing … Continue reading