Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI. Global Talent Independent Visa: Permanent residence in a week or two
- BOB CARR. Hidden Reality of Australia-China Relations
- COLIN MACKERRAS. The mess of Australia-China relations
- JACK WATERFORD. Trump: the man who made America little again
- JOHN MENADUE. The Light From the Southern Cross.A Report on Catholic Church Governance
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- RAMESH THAKUR. The rise and fall of coronavirus modelling
- JENNY HOCKING. High Court says ‘Release the Palace Letters’
- MUNGO MACALLUM. Thanks to Jenny Hocking’s indefatigable efforts, national pride has been salvaged.
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Australia goes fishing in troubled waters.
Tag Archives: ANZUS treaty
Quo vadis – Australian foreign policy and ANZUS. Summary. Australia should do a ‘really deep stocktake of what is in our vital national interests and what we are prepared to sign up to’ .
Indications are that a Trump Administration will expect America’s allies to pay their way to a greater extent than former President Nixon’s expectations were pursuant to the Guam Doctrine of 1969 mid-point in the Vietnam War. By and large … Continue reading
The Trump victory has led to justified concern in Australia, as elsewhere, and few would carp at what seems to have been a successful and cordial talk between him and our Prime Minister. It’s a good thing that Trump … Continue reading
Vice President Biden’s speech at the Paddington Town Hall on 20 July was by invitation only. I had met Vice President Biden three years ago in Washington when I was on the Board of the Australian-American Leadership Dialogue. He was friendly … Continue reading