Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI: Government reveals details of its net overseas migration (NOM) forecast
- RICHARD BEASLEY The Murray Darling Basin Plan – Four Corners v Media Watch
- ERIC HODGENS. Missing the Catholic Bus.
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Morrison climbs aboard Plan A
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Morrison wants Wyatt to shut up on Indigenous Australians
- CAVAN HOGUE. Where is Hong Kong going? 24 July 2019
- JOHN MENADUE. Taxpayer subsidised Private Health Insurance is a political scam. 24 July 2019
- JULIAN CRIBB. Age of Darkness: the plan to lobotomise Australia 24 July 2019
- MARK BUCKLEY. Is Scomo Fair Dinkum? 24 July 2019
- VIC ROWLANDS. Israel Folau – a line in the sand. 24 July 2019
- Arts and Reviews (50)
- Defence/Security (933)
- Drug Reform (30)
- Economy (1,288)
- Education (266)
- Environment and climate (544)
- Health (632)
- Housing (95)
- Human Rights (457)
- Indigenous affairs (86)
- Industrial relations (37)
- Infrastructure (209)
- International Affairs (2,104)
- Asia (411)
- Links (10)
- Media (616)
- NBN (84)
- Politics (3,383)
- Refugees, Immigration (671)
- Religion and Faith (668)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (56)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (6)
- Tributes (56)
- Uncategorized (226)
- ELISE HARRIS. Persecuted Christians urge more action, fewer empty words on
- JACK WATERFORD. AFP needs a leader who is a character with character, not a bureaucrat with opinions (Canberra Times 20.7.2019) on
- GEOFF GALLOP. Effective public servants need nuanced understanding of politics, what drives their minister and government. Geoff Gallop offers eleven theses on Australian politics in practice. on
- TREVOR COBBOLD. Skulduggery by the Morrison & Andrews Governments Robs Victorian Public Schools of Billions on
- PATTY FAWKNER, SGS. Chittister, Censorship and an Adult Church. on
Tag Archives: ANZUS
The key issue is not what President Trump says on behalf of the United States but, what the United States actually does.
Whereas economic globalisation might seem for a time to be on the wane, in the military sphere globalisation is on the rise. Regional alliances are being transformed into global alliances. ANZUS has been merged de facto into NATO, and where … Continue reading
Insider, analyst and adviser Allan Gyngell finds that Australian defence and foreign policy are more bipartisan than ever. But even as Australia’s national security agenda metastesizes, we have more to fear from an unreliable ally and an increasingly lawless world. … Continue reading
John Howard contributed to world events which are still affecting us: invasion, illegality, sycophancy to our allies, refugees, and even Brexit and Trump. Why do Australians not hold him accountable?
The following submission to the Hon. Julie Bishop for the White Paper on Foreign Affairs and Trade has also been sent to the Prime Minister, the Leader of the Opposition and Senator Wong, as well as selected MPs and Senators.
ANZUS has morphed from an alliance to a sacrosanct ethos to which all Australians are supposed to subscribe. It is time it went back to what it was supposed to be – an alliance. … To differ with the Americans … Continue reading
Quo vadis – Australian foreign policy and ANZUS. Summary. We have a unique moment to do something Australia has never done – make a rational distinction between our national interests and our enduring regard for the US.
Quo vadis – Australian foreign policy and ANZUS. Summary. Trump does give us an opportunity to do things we should have done long ago.