Most viewed recently
- When the war on terror turns inward
- Emperor Trumpus Maximus and his most loyal vassal, Terra Australis
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Hysteria over China.
- Frydenberg, the hollow man: Thatcher and Reagan’s political grandson.
- How 5G is different – explained without jargon
- It’s a terrible thing to say, but Joel Fitzgibbon is rapidly turning into Labor’s answer to Barnaby Joyce
- Josh Frydenberg is dressing up class politics as responsible economics
- Reflections on sixty years as a priest .
- Four legs good two legs bad, private good public bad
Tag Archives: Asian languages
Julie Bishop has announced a ‘signature initiative’ of the Australian government which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting Australian undergraduates with internships in the region. This initiative is commendable but I hope it avoids the … Continue reading
In my blog ‘On smoko’ of 2 April 2013 I again raised the issue of Australia’s continuing failure to equip itself for our future in Asia. I asked whether we would go on smoko again, as we had following the … Continue reading