Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI: Questions Ahead of Home Affairs Meeting That Never Happened
- JOHN MENADUE The myth that the Liberals are better economic managers?
- ABUL RIZVI. New regional visas – a recipe for exploitation and destitution.
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Drunken braggarts get stung.
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND 20 April 2019
- PATTY FAWKNER SGS. Vague wanting. Our lives, yours and mine, are too precious to fritter away on lukewarm commitments and half-hearted vows. 19 April 2019
- JOHN MENADUE. Appealing to our Better Angels. A repost from 30 June 2011 19 April 2019
- BEVAN RAMSDEN. Do the US Marines in Darwin pose a risk to our peace and security? 19 April 2019
- DUNCAN GRAHAM Kingsford Smith forecast: Expect churls Inbox x 19 April 2019
- Arts and Reviews (46)
- Defence/Security (901)
- Drug Reform (30)
- Economy (1,244)
- Education (255)
- Environment and climate (476)
- Health (606)
- Housing (85)
- Human Rights (442)
- Indigenous affairs (79)
- Industrial relations (36)
- Infrastructure (202)
- International Affairs (1,961)
- Asia (361)
- Links (10)
- Media (592)
- NBN (81)
- Politics (3,082)
- Refugees, Immigration (652)
- Religion and Faith (614)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (56)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (6)
- Tributes (49)
- Uncategorized (223)
- ANDREW CHUBB. China’s assertive maritime policy is older than Xi (East Asia Forum) on
- SUSAN RYAN. Older women are budget losers. on
- ABUL RIZVI. New regional visas – a recipe for exploitation and destitution. on
- BOB CARR. Australians with Chinese origins need to come together. on
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. ScoMo is happy to keep the campaign as mean and ugly as possible. on
Tag Archives: ATO
JOHN MENADUE. Health Ministers may be in office but health providers are in power. Think medical specialists fees! (Repost from 19 April 2017)
‘Perhaps [we could consider] a review of what Pierre Trudeau and his government (in Canada) did in 1984 when they took on a system not dissimilar to ours – uncontrolled fee for service – and legislated that doctors could charge … Continue reading
What is not clear is whether George Brandis was genuinely ignorant of the implications of the tax case or whether he deliberately ignored them. In either case, he should immediately have resigned.