Most viewed recently
- Do we share the same values as the US?
- True crime confessions – being rude to Centrelink
- The Reagan and Thatcher legacies: sorting truth from fantasy.
- The politics of the coming generation.
- My Kafkaesque Trial
- It’s a terrible thing to say, but Joel Fitzgibbon is rapidly turning into Labor’s answer to Barnaby Joyce
- Four legs good two legs bad, private good public bad
- Aged care homes: the weakest COVID-19 link
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- His country, weak or strong (Inside Story 3 August, 2020)
Tag Archives: Australia-Indonesia relations
John Menadue asked me to discuss how best to get Australian-Indonesian relations back on track, although I agree that this is a politically sensitive issue and weighing it up may not be the prudent thing to do while there is still … Continue reading
For Australia no bilateral relationship will be more important, complex and challenging in the future than that with Indonesia. The relationship is, however, going through a difficult period at present, especially due to the reaction in Australia to the execution … Continue reading
Let me first declare my biases. I believe that I honour and respect Indonesia’s values and culture. I oppose the death penalty in general. In this case, I would welcome an outcome that saved the lives of the last … Continue reading
Australia will be dealing with a new Indonesian government in just two months. This will involve challenges and opportunities for both countries. The Constitutional Court in Jakarta has now confirmed the election of Joko Widodo as President-elect with 53.15% of … Continue reading