Most viewed recently
- China is not a threat to Australia
- Australia’s pro-Israel media fights facts and ends careers
- Why Australia’s strategic situation is far worse than we think (AFR 6.7.20)
- The Coalition is just following orders
- Moslem MP branded a terrorist. Is there a fair go?
- It’s time to strip ‘national security’ of its sacred cow status. Part 1
- A win’s a win in Eden-Monaro
- Lies and distortions about western policies in Asia: The Sino-Indian frontier dispute. Part 1 of 2
- PETER GOERS. With China, many Aussies are absolute hypocrites (Sunday Mail 31.5.20)
- The Australian Government regards China as a strategic competitor, a revisionist power, and one that must be resisted.
Tag Archives: Australian Strategic Policy Institute
JOHN MENADUE. The Ausgrid decision and the growing power of security and intelligence agencies. A REPOST from August 2016
The Ausgrid decision on Chinese investment raises two important issues. The first is how do we get a proper balance between security concerns and the wider benefits of the relationship. Our major strategic ally the US sees China our … Continue reading
Agents of influence,presumably Chinese are in the news. But the really important agents of influence are organisations linked ‘hip to hip’ to the US and its military/industrial complex. One of these is the Australian Strategic Policy Institute which is an … Continue reading
ASPI’s oft-repeated claim of independence – immunity from the influence of the corporations who help fund the organisation – does strike one as rather naive for experts who might otherwise be seen as “hard-headed realists” in a tough world. Corporations … Continue reading
A former top US intelligence official David Gompert has issued a sober warning to those who want to lock Australia into any future war with China. Speaking on Monday, Gompert said a war between the US and China could … Continue reading
JON STANFORD and JOHN MENADUE. The submarine confusion continues. Is the way being prepared for Australia to acquire nuclear submarines?
REPOST In an interesting development relating to Australia’s new submarine acquisition, Peter Jennings, Executive Director of the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI), has written a piece in The Australian (7 June 2016) that is clearly at odds with the Institute’s … Continue reading
Rather than acquiring military off-the-shelf (MOTS) submarines, the Australian government has committed us to the French submarine that will be built to Australian specifications. It will be a ‘unique’ build, non-nuclear and very expensive The Defence Minister says that the … Continue reading
The executions of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran will leave most Australians dismayed by President Joko Widodo’s refusal of clemency, angered by the clumsy, ugly execution process and jaundiced by the attitudes of a number of Indonesians on killing two … Continue reading