Most viewed recently
- Do we share the same values as the US?
- True crime confessions – being rude to Centrelink
- The Reagan and Thatcher legacies: sorting truth from fantasy.
- My Kafkaesque Trial
- Aged care homes: the weakest COVID-19 link
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Trump has a problem with China – but what is Australia doing?
- Exposing the Hidden Hand
- His country, weak or strong (Inside Story 3 August, 2020)
- The politics of the coming generation.
Tag Archives: Australians for War Powers Reform
Summary. Malcolm Fraser warned us that we no longer have an independent capacity to stay out of America’s wars.
PAUL BARRATT. Would war powers reform really leave national security in the hands of the minority parties?
During a segment on war powers reform on ABC TV’s current affairs program Lateline (25 August – see http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-25/mps-call-for-iraq-war-inquiry/7786424 ) Australian Strategic Policy Institute Executive Director Peter Jennings expressed opposition to parliamentary involvement in decision-making about deployment of the … Continue reading