Most viewed recently
- When the war on terror turns inward
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Reflections on sixty years as a priest .
- True crime confessions – being rude to Centrelink
- It’s a terrible thing to say, but Joel Fitzgibbon is rapidly turning into Labor’s answer to Barnaby Joyce
- Four legs good two legs bad, private good public bad
- One of the biggest open secrets in Australian public policy-privatisation has failed (Canberra Times, 27 July 2020)
- Remembering Margaret Thatcher
- Some good news emerging from the bad
- Do we share the same values as the US?
Tag Archives: Bernard-Collaery
Sometime late last year, the Australian government made the seemingly innocuous decision to revert, after 18 months, to calling the Southeast Asian nation of Myanmar by its British name Burma. One of Tony Abbott’s growing list of regional insults. The … Continue reading
Although it sits on a vast undersea gas reserve, Timor-Leste remains deeply impoverished. Deep under the Timor Sea, there is a huge reserve of gas. Geologists now believe it is worth upwards of US$100 billion; a figure more than twice … Continue reading